Friday, April 8, 2011

Oprah's On!

The woman who rules my life finally came back with new episodes yesterday. But you know what? She can wait a minute. She made me wait an entire month, wherein I lost virtually all my readers, and I wandered about in life without a mission. So she can wait a day or two before I give in and start writing again.

I'm not sure my episode count is correct, but it must be close. I think yesterday's episode was #97 on the season. If Oprah is new every day until the May 25 finale, there will be a total of 132 episodes this season. I have no idea how accurate that is. I'll try to do some more sleuthing to see if I've got the correct number, but at least it's in the ballpark of 130, which is what Oprah had claimed she would be doing this season.

It doesn't help that it is now baseball season, and most Red Sox home games will start at four o'clock my time every weekday. I guarantee you that in a battle of Oprah versus baseball, baseball will win every time. Which means I'm now extra thankful for my TiVo.

The point is, we are absolutely in the home stretch. I've gotten through nearly 100 episodes of Oprah, and there are only about 35 to go. This is the real deal now, folks. I'm going to have to step up my game if I want Oprah to notice that I exist.

Which is bound to happen any day now, right?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know which I will miss more - Oprah's show or you writing about Oprah's show. Where will you go? I do not follow baseball but I do like to read what you have to write otherwise, whether it is about Oprah or your life or your little family. Still have my fingers crossed for your being 'discovered'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woman who rules your life?

    www.watchingmartie.com?
    www.watchingveronicamars.com?
    www.watchingkatie.com?

    ReplyDelete