Monday, March 28, 2011

The End Is Nigh

It's been weeks since the last new episode of Oprah, and the new ones won't be back until April 7. That's a Thursday, oddly enough. I would like to say that I've been using the downtime to continue (and complete) the remaining three discs of the 20th Anniversary Collection, but that would be a lie. Instead, I've been using the time to work, work, work, to recover from being ill, and to do a piss-poor job of taking care of Katie while she ails.

Oprah has been using the hiatus to decide on the end date for the show, which she has finally been announced. And though I know this whole project is supposed to be all about the journey, it's nice to have a destination, too. Now I do. May 25 will be the last day you'll see a new episode of Oprah on the air. It will truly be the end of an era, and I'm not just talking about this blog.

This gives me very little time to secure a book deal all about my year with Oprah, which is troubling. My prospects for getting rich quick are dwindling by the moment. Damn you, Oprah. Why can't I ride your coattails down the highway of success?

I know many of you are dreading the last days of Oprah, and wondering how you'll go on with that afternoon fix. But I guess this means you'll just have to settle for her 24-hour cable network and whatever numerous projects she'll be working on once the show is gone.

Oprah, how can we miss you if you won't go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment