Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oprah's Search for the Next TV Star

Oprah is seriously killing me with all these repeat episodes. And I'm sure it's killing all of you that I've had nothing to write about for what seems like a year now. But everything returns on Thursday, according to the website, so I'll be ready to go at 4 pm. Let's all hope that Merritt is willing to watch Oprah that afternoon, since we no longer have cable and I decided against getting the DVR. It's either see it live, or illegally download it.

And speaking of the potential of missing episodes, I did miss the last new one. It was recorded on my DVR, but then I canceled cable, and within seconds my DVR was just a useless piece of machinery with an new episode of Oprah trapped inside. But, honestly, I didn't care that much. The episode was all about the new OWN show called Your Own Show: Oprah's Search for the Next TV Star. Clever title.

I don't think I can describe to you how not sad I am over missing an hour of Carson Kressley and Nancy O'Dell talking about the next big thing. So, yes, the "missed episode" count is at one. If I feel really guilty about that at some point this season, I'll consider finding a way to watch it. But don't count on it.

The other night, Katie had to take Merritt to urgent care. He was not feeling well at all, and we were, at that point, going on three straight nights without anyone in the house getting a bit of sleep. It ended up being six nights in a row, but that's not the point here.

The point is, Katie noticed an "O Magazine" in the room at urgent care, and mentioned it out loud. What follows is history, and proof that I have already found Oprah's next TV star.

(and please note: Merritt was not coached on this. Katie mentioned Oprah's name one time, then pulled out the magazines several minutes later. The kid has probably just sat through enough episodes to know the deal by now.)



Thursday's episode: the five things you need to do in 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I think you now need to do that with like ten magazines and see if he can do it. And with people on the cover of all races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merritt doesn't see the color of people's skin. Only the content of their character. Or the size of their bank accounts. We're just teaching him how to smell money on people.

    And I swear I will get that child to say Oprah's name by the end of next week.

    ReplyDelete