Friday, February 25, 2011

Wish Fulfillment

I swear I didn't plan it this way, but the giant "snowpocalypse" that was supposed to hit Portland this week caused the local NBC affiliate to cancel Oprah on Wednesday and rerun it later that night. Which I didn't know until I sat down to watch on my DVR, and instead got to watch a lot of "snowverreaction" to what ended up being two (at the most) inches that melted by mid-morning Thursday.

Perhaps I just willed it to happen, since I really, truly did not want to watch part two of the Iyanla Vanzant train wreck. So, lucky me. Instead, I got the David Arquette train wreck.

Which, actually, wasn't all that bad. Arquette can be a little bit nutty, but it sounds like he might finally be getting his shit together. He talked a lot about healing and becoming the person he thinks he should be, and it didn't sound nearly as corny as you might think. It just sounded like a guy who's gone through rehab, who's owning up to his mistakes, and who is now trying to get his life together.

Oprah rightly called him on the insanity of him going to a bar on New Year's Eve, two days after he got sober, and then going to Vegas mere weeks after he got out of rehab. But I guess if he was able to stay sober in those situations, that quickly after he got clean, he might really be on the right path here.

I hope his wife knew he was doing this show, since he sure talked a lot about their relationship. Not as much as he talked about it back when he did Howard Stern, thankfully.

It's weird that Arquette got the full hour, when Celine only got the first 20 minutes and then some singing at the end of her episode. Does Oprah not know that Celine is the best singer in the world?

I bet Celine is sad. And if I knew her, or I just ran into her on the street the day after she got dissed by Oprah like that, I'd say, "Hey Celine, why the long face?"


Diana Ross was on today's (Friday) show. I haven't watched it yet. Hopefully I'll get to it by the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment