Thursday, December 23, 2010

Repeats

My sister called me the other day, and the first thing she said was, "I don't know how you watch this every day."

I didn't ask to what show she was referring. I simply asked, "Which episode are you watching?"

"Ultimate Favorites 2. God, the screaming."

It was at this point that my mother chimed in to say that if someone gave her an iPad, she'd probably do a little screaming, too.

Cut to my parents' anniversary yesterday, when my dad woke my mom up to give her an iPad. I had heard about this gift the previous evening, and had requested that my father ask my mother to respond like a member of an Oprah audience. I'm told she fulfilled that request.

Obviously, I'm not watching Oprah every day right now anyway. My DVR tricked me in to thinking this week would be new episodes, but not surprisingly, that wasn't true. Right now it's telling me there are five new episodes next week, too, but I don't believe it.

In case you're wondering, yes, I have started watching the 20th Anniversary DVD set. So far, I've gotten through part one on disc one, called "The Beginning." 25 minutes of the history of Oprah. I have decided that in conjunction with watching the new episodes, I will watch every bit of the six discs in this box set. I won't write about every part of it, but I certainly intend to keep you updated. Soon there will be a post that I will link to in the sidebar, with a report of my progress.

I recently secured a full-time job, which will make this task all the more difficult, but I believe in myself. But perhaps that's just the sugar in my recent bowl of Lucky Charms talking, or maybe it's the holiday spirit.

Everybody have a happy holiday season. And don't worry. I did get you a present: you'll hear from me again before the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, yay on the job!! I'm sure you were concerned, but I've been checking almost daily to see if you've had updates.

    ReplyDelete