Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holiday Madness

Four days without Oprah. I feel like I'm suffering through withdrawal. What am I supposed to do, knowing that I've missed edge-of-your-seat programming like "Remembering John F. Kennedy, Jr." and "Astonishing Weddings" and left you hanging without any idea of what I think about such material?

Now, you might think I'm pretty high on myself if I believe you've actually been waiting anxiously for my take on these episodes. Luckily, I've got readers like "Erica," who help keep me in my place when my head gets too big. In case you don't go back and read all of my posts every day, just to keep yourself refreshed, here's what Erica had to say on the "America's Worst Cooks" post:

FUCK YOU! if you really don't like oprah that much then why don't you find something better to do than put her down. what have you done in your life? created a school in africa? yeah i didn't think so. why don't you take your lazy and annoying ass and put your self to something more useful than writing numerous paragraphs about a show that everyone loves. you are a fucking piece of shit for writing something like this. i hope you go to hell!

Just go ahead and add a big ol' "[sic]" to the end of that thing, because while Erica wants me to put my self (I'm assuming that would be two words in her world, much like "your self") to "something more useful," I'm guessing Erica doesn't believe that learning English--including proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization--is something useful she can do in her own life. Erica, Erica, Erica. I guess it's also useless to tell you that you've completely missed the point of the blog, since I'm quite certain that any form of comedy beyond fart jokes is far above your pay grade.

And why don't you even let me answer your questions before you assume the answers? That seems really unfair. I bet you'd feel really bad if I told you that I have, in fact, created a school in Africa, right? Boy, would that be egg on your face! Next time, maybe let someone get a word in edgewise. Let's have an open dialogue, okay, Erica? That's how we effect change in this world.

Oh, and just go ahead and do a Google search for "hate Oprah," and then come back and tell me that it's "a show that everyone loves."

Thanks for stopping by!


I'm heading back home tomorrow, and will be home either Sunday evening or Monday afternoon. Next week, we're looking at four repeat episodes. This is good news for a certain blogger who needs to catch up on some missed shows. So, stay tuned.

Erica, that means you.

4 comments:

  1. Hurry up you lazy ass and get back to writing! ha ha. Be safe getting home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Erica? More egg for your face.

    The "No Phone Zone" campaign? Erin's idea.

    Opes' favorite things? Originally a segment called "Erin liked it first."

    Arguably the most powerful person in the universe? Oprah is merely a marionette; Erin controls those strings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, for one, am still waiting.......

    ReplyDelete