Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/5/10 -- Ultimate Amazing Animals

When I started recording the show, Oprah was in the middle of talking to some people who own some sort of miniature horse named Einstein. All I gathered from this is that she was talking to some rich people with too much time on their hands. The evidence? This damn horse has two nannies.

The show moved on to slightly more interesting stories, like a dolphin with a prosthetic tail who inspired a little girl to not be ashamed of her hearing aid, or the story of some dogs that attacked a suicide bomber in Afghanistan, saving the lives of many American soldiers. One of those dogs died, and the other two were adopted by soldiers. And yes, I teared up during this one.

You know why? Because I miss my dog. So much. I talk about her on my other blog, but since Oprah made such a big deal about animal adoption on yesterday's show, it only seems appropriate to show you the before and after of my pup, Jack (a girl). The "before" is the first picture taken of her when she arrived at the Pasadena Humane Society.  The "after" is what I call her school picture, taken in June 2008.


She weighs just under six pounds, and she is five and a half years old. And, I think you'll agree, ridiculously adorable.

Adopt a dog, everyone. It'll be the best decision you ever make.

I'm sorry, but this show just wasn't that interesting. Everyone knows puppy mills are bad, everyone has seen the video of that dog Faith who walks on her hind legs, and everyone who watches this show knows that Oprah loves cocker spaniels.

So I'll leave you with a quote, said by Katie's mom on Saturday night. We mentioned that J.K. Rowling was on Friday's show, and Heather said, "Yeah, I watched a little of that at the gym. But then I finally just closed my eyes."

Which is, of course, something I wish I could do. But you've seen the title of the blog, right?


Today, Martha Stewart is on the show. And I'll be watching. Eyes wide open.


Oh, and I know you probably think I should be looking up the first half of this episode and watching it, since I did promise to watch every episode of the show. And if the DVR hadn't recorded any of this episode, I would go find it online. But since I was able to watch part of it, I think that counts. Yes, I'm making up the rules as I go along, but it's my blog, so I can do whatever I want.

2 comments:

  1. I am disappointed in Opes. Where is Jack Hannah when you need him most?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I think Copper and Jack are from the same family the have the same ears and the same face :)

    ReplyDelete